31.7.10

Friday 30th July, High Ropes Course

The final day was only a half day for the boys. The first half of this was spent with them unpacking and sorting out their bags, after which they enjoyed the second half on the high ropes course on site at Explorus.

During this time I made my way around the site saying goodbye and thank you to the staff, in particular to Nicky and her husband Simon for their wonderful support in my research. I also gave them a couple of gifts from Scotalnd, including the Chuchill Crown which Nicky was very pleased with. It is wonderful that you can send an email to a stranger across the other side of the world and receive such welcoming support and kindess. I shall miss my time at Explorus and remember it fondly as it has been an amazing experience.

After goodbyes I packed up my stuff into John's (teacher) Ute for a lift back to Perth as buses wouldn't be leaving until the next morning. The car journey was only 3 hours, unlike the 5 hours on the bus. I spent most of this explaining my reserach to John and learning more about where I should visit whilst in Australia - an adult perspective.

Finishing our journey in Perth, I then had a 30minute taxi journey to Cottesloe, the beautiful seaside village where I would be spending the weekend before my next outdoor adventures. It was dark by the time I was arrived and, after a week of camping, my main focus was shower, food and bed. I would be exploring the area much more over the next few days.