7.8.10

Friday 6th August - Back to Fremantle

Today was the last morning at Moray; another week over and another group of people (adults and boys) to say farewell too.

The boys woke earlier than usual for an orienteering session before breakfast. This they did without the supervision of the instructors who were busy starting the camp clear-up ready for the group using the site over the weekend.

When the boys returned Liam briefly went over their results from the orienteering before grouping the boys ready for breakfast. There was a lot of excitement amongst the boys as they anticipated returning home. Much excitement too was aimed toward the weekly sporting activity they would be taking part in that afternoon – this week they would be playing against the school I would be with on an outdoor camp with next week.

After breakfast the boys were all given 10 minutes to pack and empty their dorms before being allocated individual jobs to help with the clear up. These jobs ranged from sweeping the decks, emptying the swags and cleaning the toilets to cleaning the inside of the bus and washing the instructor’s cars. These jobs were complete by 10.30am and just in time for the arrival of the next group – a university course teaching first aid.

Soon the boys were piling onto the bus and we were all saying our goodbyes. This part I never like.

Keely gave me a lift back to the school where we dropped off all the empty food crates and laundry before she kindly took me to my hotel in Fremantle. Later on we would be meeting at Little Creatures for dinner and so no goodbyes needed there yet!

The hotel is lovely and situated close to the town centre. After dumping my bags I went for a quick wander around the shops and had a late lunch – again at the Dome where I had visited last weekend. Changing into some warmer clothes I then made my way across the railway lines to Little Creatures where I would be meeting Keely for dinner. Little Creatures is a brewery with a modern Australian restaurant right in the middle of it. It is a very popular place to be and was recommended to me many times before Keely invited me there.

or dinner I just had chips and corn on the cob, of course followed by some chocolate fudge cake. I had ordered prawns but unfortunately had to get sent back to the kitchen. After dinner we went for a coffee on the coffee strip before saying our final farewells.



I had a really good night and thoroughly enjoyed Little Creatures – I think another visit before the end of my long weekend may be in order! Back at the hotel I enjoyed a lengthily call home (Skype) before settling to bed for a much needed rest.