9.8.10

Saturday 7th August - Exploring Fremantle

Today I enjoyed waking up a little later tan usual (8am). I had planned to spend the day at Rottness Island but decided to postpone the trip until Monday s that I could cold all the practical things out of the way - laudry, unpacking and so on.

Thankfully there was a laundrette close to the hotel. Whilst my clothes from a week of outdoor adventures were in the machine, I took the opportunity to explore some fruit and vegetable stalls and bought a stash of fruit treats to last me the few days rest ahead.

Later, I wakled into town for some lunch and shopping. After many hours of searching for my size,I am now the proud owner of some lovely, cozy UGG Boots....no more cold toes for me as these boots are good to -40 deg - here's hoping I don't have to test them!

Having done everything I needed to do with the day, I once again crossed the railway line to walk along the harbor front. There are so many beautiful statues and sculptures to see and teh railway track makes a beautiful setting. The beach too here is beautiful and only a few meters from the track. This beach was smaller than the one in Cottesloe and thankfully not at all crowded. I enjoyed walking on the sand and listening to the waves once again. This place is very relaxing and I decided to settle at a nearby cafe to watch the water whilst writing postcards home.





As the sun began to set, and teh temperature began to drop, I started my walk back to the hotel to change for dinner.Tonight I visited 'Eat, Live, Love Italian', an Italian restaurant right in the middle of fremantle. I ordered pumpkin pasta - it was delicious! Town was very busy with it being a Saturday night and so I returned to my room to watch a film before falling asleep, well rested after such a relaxing day.