9.8.10

Sunday 8th August - Fremantle Markets

Today I managed to sleep until lunchtime – I must have needed the rest as I spent the day feeling a lot more refreshed. I had lunch quickly in a local cafe as today I wanted to explore the Fremantle Markets one last time. I love hearing all the people talking as they look through all the stalls of food, gifts and clothes. I find this busy atmosphere very welcoming and spent many hours of my day walking around, exploring the stalls and the range of trinkets and treasures on offer. I took this opportunity to buy gifts for people back home - and a few souvenirs for myself.


The markets are split into two sections; clothes, jewlery and gifts at the front and fruit, vegetables and meat at the back, with a few eating stalls throughout the mix. I took my time exploring the first sections before moving on to the food stalls where I admired the large selection of fresh fruit and vegetables.


Located in this section was a group of teenage boys playing guitars and singing Led Zeplin - they were very tallented and I spent some time watching them before they were replaced by another group - the bands rotate every 45 minutes a sign tells me.

Leaving the markets it was already getting dark and I spent most of the early evening reading and writting before venturing back into town for dinner. Tonight it was at a local steak house with a very friendly and welcoming atmosphere and the best meat I've ever eaten!

Bed tonight was early with the intention of having a decent rest before an early (6am) start to visit Rottness Island in the morning.